top of page

To begin studying in Australia, there are a range of entry requirements you may have to meet.


English language requirements


In some cases, you may need to provide results of an English language test. Be aware that the English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the level of skill required for your student visa application. You should carefully check student visa information on both the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website and the institution website for any English language requirements.


Academic requirements


The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) you need to study in Australia will vary depending on the level of education you want to study. Institutions can have different entry requirements, so read the course information on their website carefully and contact them to ask for advice.



Entry Requirements

Please reload

Here is some general guidance on entry requirements for the different levels of study:


  • English language - Entry requirements vary between institutions, and according to the level of English language course you want to study.

  • Schools - Entry requirements vary between schools depending on the state or territory you will be studying in. Academic performance and ability is considered during the application process.

  • Vocational education and training - In most cases there are no entrance exams for VET institutions. However, some courses may have specific pre-requisite subjects or work experience requirements.

  • Higher Education Undergraduate - To gain entry into an Australian undergraduate course you will need to have an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12), or the overseas equivalent. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific pre-requisite subjects.

  • Higher Education Postgraduate - As well as the satisfactory completion of at least one degree at undergraduate level, your institution may take research ability or relevant work experience into consideration.


Tip: To meet the academic requirements of an Australian high school qualification, consider taking a Foundation course. Also called bridging study, they are intensive courses that will help you meet the entry requirements. They are usually one year long and are offered by most higher education institutions.


Visa requirements


The student visa you need depends on your chosen course of study. Please contact AMACS for more details. As a guide, the typical key requirements you will need to meet are:


  • Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.

  • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement. Read more about this on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

  • Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.

  • English language proficiency.Meet health and character requirements.

  • Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).



Generally speaking:


  • Matriculation and diploma courses (Foundation, Diploma) --- IELTS 5.5,

  • Bachelor --- IELTS 6.0,

  • Master --- IELTS 6.5 or more

  • If you cannot reach the above admission requirements, applicants are allowed to take 5-30 weeks of language courses.


Fund requirements


Australian Government is very strict with applying for study in Australia, mainly in the three aspects, which are the amount of deposits, deposit time and sources of funding .


Australian Migration and Consulting services

bottom of page